You’ve seen him as a guest judge on Chopped, maybe you’ve eaten at one of his restaurants around the United States, but you probably haven’t seen this side of Scott Conant, the chef and entrepreneur. We dive into the personal side and get real on how he’s been able to create success – which is about much more than just him.
Chef Scott Conant grew up in an Italian family in Waterbury, CT before jumping into restaurants as a teenager, first washing dishes. He went of to the Culinary Institute of America where he honed his skills and craft before going to New York City where he would start to create a name for himself. Fast forward a couple of decades, Conant now has restaurants across the country, has appeared as a guest judge in every single season of Food Network’s most successful show, Chopped and continues to put his culinary stamp on the world.
In this conversation we discuss:
- How Scott decided on becoming a chef and what his path has looked like so far.
- How Scott has been able to persevere through challenging times in his business.
- What success looks like to him and how he feels about success
- How success is more than just him or any given person and how he’s learned that lesson the hard way.
- Advice he has for young culinarians and entrepreneurs.
- AND A LOT MORE….
Many Thanks to Our Sponsor, Le Cordon Bleu